The Cop Cot (Scottish for “little house on the crest of the hill”) is one of the more popular locations in Central Park to have a small wedding ceremony. This rustic little hut is made of intertwined tree branches and vines and creates the perfect intimate setting for a Central Park wedding.
Here’s why we think the Cop Cot is one of the best outdoor places in New York City to say your “I Dos”:
1) Convenient location. Central Park stretches over 843 acres in the middle of New York City. It’s pretty big, to say the least, and if you don’t know where you’re going, it’s easy to get lost. The Cop Cot is conveniently located on the south perimeter of the park and 6th Avenue, making it easy for your wedding guests to find.
2) Built-in seating. The Cop Cot is one of the few Central Park locations that offers built-in seating and can accommodate up to 60 people. It also boasts a circular shape so there’s not a bad seat in the house. Whether you have a handful of guests or a big group, you can rest assured everyone can comfortably enjoy your wedding ceremony.
3) Semi-private and intimate. Central Park is sometimes called New York City’s backyard and with thousands of people visiting the park every day, it could be hard to find a private spot for a wedding ceremony. The way the Cop Cot was built naturally lends itself to some privacy so you can have an intimate and memorable wedding.
4) Shelter from the elements. When you plan an outdoor wedding in New York City, you have to hope that the weather will cooperate – at least during your ceremony! The Cop Cot can offer a little protection from a light rain, snow shower and the New York City sun as your guests sit under the canopy and watch you two exchange wedding vows.
5) Park permits. The nice thing about having your wedding ceremony in a designated location like the Cop Cot in Central Park is that you can apply for a park permit. This gives you the peace of mind that only you and your wedding party will have access to the Cop Cot during your intimate wedding ceremony.
If you’d like to book the Central Park Cop Cot, click aquí for more information. We’d love to help you plan your New York City wedding!